Volunteer Opportunities for High School Students on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Organization: UGIVE.org
- Causes: Civic, Educational, Kids
- Date(s): January 16th. Times and Locations Vary
- Contact person: Jeramie Parker
- Phone: 216.901.4256
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.UGIVE.org
UGIVE Mobilizes Cleveland High School Students for MLK Jr. Day
(Cleveland)- On January 16th, the nation will recognize the life, work, and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. with a weekend dedicated to service. The Cleveland branch of the Ohio nonprofit UGIVE.org, will be helping Cleveland high school students honor MLK Jr. by offering several volunteer activities across the city so they can give back.
The three different volunteer projects UGIVE is offering high school students across the city will take place on January 16th. The non-profits hosting activities and the location of the projects are:
- Hard Hatted Women Poverty Simulation, Location: The Laurel School, 1 Lyman Circle, Shaker Heights, OH 44122, 10:45-2:00 PM.
- Family Promise of Great Cleveland, Location: Pilgrim Church, 2592 West 14th Street, Cleveland, OH 44113, 10:00-12:30 PM.
- Ohio City Bicycle Co-op, 1840 Columbus Road, Cleveland, OH 44113, 1:00-4:00 PM.
If any high school student is interested in volunteering at one of these locations, please go to www.UGIVE.org to create a free student account and then sign up for the activity that interests the student.
UGIVE is a non-profit organization on a mission to catalyze, excite and empower the next generation of volunteers. We make philanthropy relevant to students, guiding them to give their time and talents to build communities. Our goal is to create life-long givers. UGIVE is 100% free for students, schools, and charities. To learn more, visit www.UGIVE.org.