Here’s what is going on this week in Brecksville.
• A special meeting of the Brecksville-Broadview Heights Board of Education will be held at 6 p.m. on Monday at the Education Center, 6638 Mill Rd. The board will meet in executive session to review negotiations/bargaining sessions with public employees concerning their compensation or other terms of employment. The district could lose as much as $2.9 million a year in state funding, and the district faces a budget deficit as early as 2013 even without those funding cuts, according to Superintendent Scot Prebles.
• City Council meets at 8 p.m. Tuesday in City Hall, 9069 Brecksville Rd.
• Thursday is the last day of school except at Highland Drive and Hilton elementary schools, which will also be in session on Friday to make up for an extra calamity day. All other schools in the Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District will have early dismissal Thursday.
• The Music Man is presented at Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School Friday-Sunday. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30 p.m., Sunday show at 2 p.m. Tickets are $10. This production is a collaborative effort by the Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District, Brecksville Little Theatre, Brecksville Theater On The Square, Broadview Heights Spotlights Theater, Brecksville Center for the Arts community chorus and the community band.
• Sunday is Historical Home and Garden Tour Day, part of the Brecksville Bicentennial celebration. Featuring the historic homes of Brecksville, this year you will be able to tour the inside of these homes as well as the gardens from noon to 6 p.m. Tour begins at Old Town Hall.