Back-to-School Donations Needed
To help out, check out the list of suggested donations below.
The city of Broadview Heights is collecting back-to-school supplies for students in need in Brecksville and Broadview Heights.
Donations can be brought to the Human Services office at 9543 Broadview Rd. in Broadview Heights, Amy Jo Washabaugh, the city's director of Human Services, said in an email. Supplies should be dropped off before the first day of school for the district, which is Aug. 29.
Here is a list of items that families may need, provided by Washabaugh:
- Glue sticks
- Supply pouches
- Colored pencils
- Dry erase markers
- Ballpoint pens (black and blue)
- Red pens
- Binders (1 inch and 1 ½ inches)
- 3 x 5 index cards (lined on one side and blank on the other)
- Folders (all varieties)
- Plastic, two-pocket folders with binder holes, horizontal pocket folders and three-prong folders
- Spiral notebooks (one subject)
- Loose-leaf, wide-ruled paper
- Loose-leaf, college-ruled paper
- Book bags
Washabaugh said families who are in need of help can call her office at (440) 526-4685. Many already have, she said.
Brecksville’s Human Services Department is not collecting donations for back-to-school supplies. This collection is for both communities.