106172071 key-iu1boc2hurjabli0ohhCredit Rachel Abbey McCafferty http://o5.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/d486bced5dad562818739d3aefa376c8 http://o1.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/patch/99afbe35d2a06a1bdd573e54a2151cb0
106172086 key-2k68w3pxqsbrf2f977sbCredit Rachel Abbey McCafferty http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/d5f48320b9de371c810afcbe748d8e8a http://o5.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/patch/59999b4cc7d8b631314981123c49c01a
- The council committees will meet before the regular council meeting, starting at 5:30 p.m. Most of the discussions take place during the committee meetings. There will be an executive session to discuss “pending litigation” at the end of the committee meetings, which is closed to the public.
- There are a few purchase orders that need to be increased because of the “hot summer” weather, such as the purchase order for concessions for the Recreation Department and chlorine for the city’s pools, according to the agenda. The concession increase request is $300, and the chlorine increase request is $800.
- Council will decide whether to appoint a new, part-time firefighter/paramedic. The new addition is scheduled to be sworn in during the regular meeting.
- Council will hear updates on various city projects, including the Wiese Road retaining wall repairs and the Snowville Road slope repair.
The full agendas can be found to the right. If you have any questions about anything you see, leave them in the comments.
Thanks. We'll email you the next time we update this story.
See More on Patch
- Charter Review Commission Considers a Dozen Changes
- Woodlands Moving Forward; Burger Fresh Opening; and a Strange Traffic Stop: Week in Review
- Woodlands of Snowville Project Gets the Green Light
- $2 Million in Culvert, Storm-Water Line Repairs Coming This Summer
- Council OK’s Culvert Replacement Proposal