Crime in Brecksville Lower Than Similar-Sized Cities in 2011
We compared the FBI’s 2011 crime report for Brecksville to other Ohio cities of similar sizes. Do any of the results surprise you?
Compared to other cities of its size, Brecksville is a pretty safe place to be.
We took the figures in the FBI’s annual crime report for 2011 and compared the number of crimes by category in the charts above. Brecksville’s population in the report was 13,666; the charts above compare it to cities in Ohio with populations between 12,600 and 14,600.
Violent crimes are very low in Brecksville. That category includes murder and non negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault.
Property crimes are also low compared to other cities. Those crimes include burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft and arson.
Check out this article for more about the different categories of crimes and for specifics on how many crimes were reported in Brecksville last year.
- FBI Crime Report: Theft Increases in Brecksville
- Theft was Brecksville's Most Common Crime in 2011
- Police Chief Names Identity Theft, Theft from Cars Some of 2011’s Biggest Issues
- Police Remind Residents to Lock Car Doors in Light of Recent Thefts
- Theft is the Most Common Crime in Brecksville for 2010