If you missed a story or two this week, don’t worry—you can catch up in no time by checking out the summaries below:
- The discussion around the new teachers and staff union contracts continues. The teachers and staff unions released their own website this week, in response to the website published by the school board earlier this spring. If this year’s negotiations seem more public than in years past, that’s because it is.
- The city and the Kiwanis club honored its Senior Volunteers of the Year on Tuesday. This year’s honorees were Midge Cassidy and Frank DeWolf.
- There was a fire at the high school on Thursday, and the district closed the building on Friday. Details are still few at this point, so make sure to sign up for our free newsletter for the latest as soon as it’s available.
- The fire didn’t disrupt the high school’s prom festivities, though! Make sure to upload your prom photos on Patch, and we’ll feature them on the home page.
- And the eagle statue in Public Square has been replaced.