The city of Brecksville will hold its final Shred Your Documents Day of 2012 from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. on Saturday.
The event is free, but residents are asked to bring a donation for the Brecksville Pantry. The pantry supports families in need in the community.
According to a press release from the city, the pantry is always in need of the following items:
- Peanut butter
- Spaghetti sauce
- Canned tuna
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit
- Baked beans
- Pork and beans
- Paper products
- Bar soap
Residents may also donate gift cards to Heinen’s or Giant Eagle so the pantry can buy fresh meat and frozen juice for the participating families.
The event will take place in the municipal parking lot by the Service garage and the Fire Department. For more information, including the kinds of materials that can and cannot be shredded, check out the Service Department’s website.
See More on Patch
- Woodlands Moving Forward; Burger Fresh Opening; and a Strange Traffic Stop: Week in Review
- City Offering Free Mulch to Brecksville Residents
- Volunteers Help the Brecksville Pantry Help the Community
- Brecksville Pantry Helps Feed Local Families in Need
- Photo of the Day: Readers' Donations to the Brecksville Pantry
Most Popular articles
- Ranch Home Includes Full In-Law Suite: Brecksville Home for Sale
- Man Charged With Assault After He Was Fired From Gas Station
- Survey: 24 Percent of Area Parents Allow Underage Drinking for Prom
- Burger Fresh Opens in Brecksville
- ‘Suspicious Package’ Report; Man Fired, Charged With Assault: Week in Review