Brecksville Police report that a number of city streets are closed. Here is the list of closed streets as of 9:15 a.m. If you know of any that are missing, leave them in the comments.
- Valley Parkway
- Vaughn Road
- Riverview Road at Vaughn Road
- Whitewood Road from state Route 21 to Mill Road
- Wallings Road from Daventree Drive to the city border
- Highland Drive north of 9774 Highland
- Chippewa Creek ford
There are almost 2,000 customers in Brecksville without power, according to FirstEnergy. Police dispatch only knew of one traffic light that was out—state Route 21 and Wallings Road—but if you know of more, leave them in the comments. If you come across a traffic light that is out, treat it like a four-way stop.
The Brecksville-Broadview Heights schools and the Cuyahoga Valley Career Center are closed today. Stautzenberger College’s morning classes are canceled. According to its website, all day classes are now canceled, but the evening classes will still meet.
The Brecksville Nature Center in the Cleveland Metroparks is closed, according to the park's Parkway Alert Line.
Update, 1:44 p.m. The Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath Trail is closed from the Lock 39 Trailhead in Valley View to the Botzum Trailhead in Akron, according to information from the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. That includes the portion of the trail in Brecksville.
See More on Patch
- ‘Suspicious Package’ Report; Man Fired, Charged With Assault: Week in Review
- Woodlands Moving Forward; Burger Fresh Opening; and a Strange Traffic Stop: Week in Review
- Tri-C Expanding Course Offerings at CVCC in Brecksville
- Student Job Fair Slated in Brecksville
- Week in Review: Route 82 Development; Democracy Day; and Pot Busts