Brecksville City Council will meet Tuesday evening at City Hall. The full agendas are available to the right. Here’s a quick look at some of the highlights:
- The regular council meeting starts at 8 p.m., but if you want to hear all the discussions on the agenda items, you’ll want to attend the committee meetings. Those begin at 5:15 p.m. this Tuesday. There is an executive session, which is closed to the public, at the end of the committee meeting, so bring a book or be prepared to head to a coffee shop for a bit in between meetings.
- The city will be voting on whether to purchase a few new vehicles—a truck for the Service Department and five new police cars.
- Council will discuss the 2012 road program, which lists all the roads that will be updated throughout the year, during the Streets and Sidewalks committee meeting. This program was initially introduced in the fall.
- Council will vote on whether to award a $4,850 grant to the Brecksville Historical Association. Council typically awards a grant to the association every year; members were in favor when it was discussed during the last meeting.
- Council members will also make plans to move forward on a variety of projects, from the Wiese Road retaining wall to the removal of a stockpile in Chippewa Creek. For a full list, check the agenda to the right.