New School Buses and School Fees for 2012-2013: On the School Board’s Agenda
Leave your questions in the comments.
The Brecksville-Broadview Heights Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. on Monday at the district’s education center, and there is a lot on the agenda.
Here’s a quick look at some of the items. The full agenda and the supporting documents can be found on the school district’s website.
- The board will recognize the Power of the Pen team and the president of the Athletic Boosters at the beginning of the meeting.
- The treasurer will take care of the final appropriations for fiscal year 2012 and make some temporary appropriations for fiscal year 2013. The new fiscal year begins in July.
- Much of the new business the board will address helps them get ready for next year, such as the approval of contracts for special education services and the renewal of memberships with education organizations.
- The board will also approve the school fees for the 2012-2013 school year. The proposed fees range from as low as $0 for tuition-based kindergarten and $5 for specific middle school classes to as high as $42 for elementary grades.
- The board will also vote on whether to purchase four new school buses.
Do you have any questions about something you see on the agenda? Leave them in the comments, and I’ll get them answered.