There are already a few trouble spots closed because of flooding, according to the Brecksville Police. They are:
- Riverview Road at Vaughn Road
- Chippewa Creek Ford in the Brecksville reservation of the Cleveland Metroparks
Hurricane Sandy is expected to bring more rain and high winds to the area. The National Weather Service issued a flood watch that began Sunday night and will last until Tuesday evening. There is a high wind warning expected to begin at noon on Monday and last until 4 p.m. on Tuesday. There is also a lakeshore flood warning that will begin at noon on Monday. Learn more about the advisories and ways to stay safe here.
Brecksville’s Emergency Preparedness manual, which can be found on the city’s website, includes safety suggestions for flooding. Don't drive through a flooded area or drive around road barriers. And stay away from downed power lines.
- Brecksville Police Department, (440) 526-8900
- Brecksville Fire Department, (440) 526-2640
- If there is a power outage, call FirstEnergy at 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877). Do not call the police department.