Miss a story or two this week? Catch up quickly by reading the stories below:
- The Brecksville-Broadview Heights Board of Education meeting on Monday was well attended, as teachers and staff turned out to show that they have concerns about the board’s proposed contract. The board has decided to make the contract proposals public this year, an uncommon decision that allows for a more open discussion of the issues than in years past.
- The board also voted to put a renewal levy on the August ballot.
- The Brecksville Giant Eagle closed on Wednesday and the new Broadview Heights store opened Thursday morning. If you haven’t stopped by, check out our photos for a mini-tour.
- There was a fire in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park late Wednesday, which the Brecksville Fire Department helped to put out before too much damage was done. The fire is still under investigation.
- The Tea Party Express scheduled a last-minute rally in Brecksville on Friday, but the turnout was small on such short notice.