Whether you forgot to pick up the green beans for your regular side dish or just wanted to see if you could fit in a workout after dinner, we have you covered. Check out our list below of the businesses and government offices closed for Thanksgiving. If you know of others, let us know in the comments.
- City offices, including City Hall, the Community Center and the Human Services Center, are closed Thursday. The Service Department is also off, so Thursday trash and recycling pickup will be on Friday, according to the city calendar.
- All post offices are closed Thursday.
- K-12 schools: Brecksville-Broadview Heights schools, the Cuyahoga Valley Career Center and South Suburban Montessori School are all off until Monday, starting today. Stautzenberger College is off on Thursday and Friday.
- All of the branches in the Cuyahoga County Public Library system, including the Brecksville branch, are closed on Thursday.
- Heinen’s is closed on Thanksgiving.
- A representative from the Giant Eagle in Broadview Heights said they are open until 4 p.m. The store is normally open 24 hours a day. It will reopen at 6:30 a.m. on Friday.
- CVS will be open its regular hours—8 a.m. until 10 p.m.—on Thanksgiving, but the pharmacy will be closed, according to a representative.
- Walgreens will be open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving, according to their store message. The pharmacy will be closed.
- Click here for a list of area restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving.
See More on Patch
- New Wine Bar to Open; School Levy Passes: Week in Review
- Voters Pass Brecksville-Broadview Heights School Levy
- VA Update; Drop in Enrollment; Road Projects Planned: Week in Review
- Week in Review: Man Rear-Ends Police Car; Waterpark Considered; and New Police Station Eyed
- Week in Review: Identity Theft; Pot Charges on I-77; and Effects of Sequester to Hit Brecksville