What Stories Do You Want to Hear More About in 2012?
Cast your vote for the story you’d want to learn more about this year.
The beginning of a new year is often a time for reflection, a time to remember some of the biggest events of the year.
There were plenty of those moments locally.
The city came together to support the Kanclers after learning of the death of their son this summer. The pepper spray case ended with a guilty plea in August. Voters defeated issue 2 in November.
But there are always some stories that last longer than a year. Here are some of the biggest stories in Brecksville from 2011. You tell me which ones you’d like to learn more about in 2012. Take our unscientific poll and then share your ideas in the comments.
- Readers wanted to know all about Seared in 2011, from when it was opening to what other readers thought.
- Giant Eagle confirmed that the Brecksville store would close sometime in 2012, but there’s been no word yet on what will fill that space.
- Some fatal accidents on Interstate 77 drew readers’ attention this year. A construction worker was killed in November, and a motorcycle accident left one individual dead in June.
- Brecksville’s Veterans Affairs medical center effectively shut its doors this year. Some employees will remain until the new center opens in Parma, but the vast majority has already moved to the Cleveland campus.
- And the election in November got a lot of attention.