For this week’s Whiz Kid, we’re highlighting Lexi Korczynski, a high school senior who finds tons of time to give back to the community.
Korczynski not only plays soccer for the high school team—the goalie said she was a four-year starter—and a recreational team, she also takes post-secondary classes at Tri-C, serves as the president of H.U.D.D.L.E., coaches 3 to 7 years olds and a team for 11-year-olds and tutors. On top of that, Korczynski helped put together and run multiple soccer events to bring together the high school teams and students with special needs.
- Lexi Korczynski
- Age/grade level: 18 years old; 12th grade
- School: Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School; Cuyahoga Community College for post-secondary classes
- Accomplishment: Juggling academics, high school athletics and giving back
- Key to Awesomeness: Korczynski said she worked with her friends to create the first soccer event and, after people seemed to enjoy it, worked hard her junior and senior years to get it off the ground again. She got local businesses to donate T-shirts and space.
Do you know someone who should be our next Whiz Kid? E-mail the following information to Editor Rachel Abbey:
- Your name and e-mail address,
- The name of the Whiz Kid (or Kids) you’d like to nominate,
- The Whiz Kid's age/grade level,
- The Whiz Kid's school,
- The Whiz Kid's stand-out accomplishment, and
- Just a few words about what made him or her successful.
If your nominee is selected, we'll contact you and reach out to the Whiz Kid’s family.