Yuletide Hunger Program and New Service Department Equipment: What’s on City Council’s Agenda
Leave any questions you have in the comments.
It looks like it’s going to be a pretty busy City Council meeting on Tuesday. The full agendas are to the right, but here are a few things you might want to note. If you spot anything you have questions about, leave it in a comment.
- The regular City Council meeting begins at 8 p.m. in City Hall, but the discussions start at 5:30 p.m. in the committee meetings. There will be an executive session, which is closed the public, at the end of the committee meeting, so be prepared to take a break if you attend both!
- Members will vote to approve spending for the Yuletide program, a winter holiday program that provides food for needy families. The agenda notes that the cost is up by $2,500 because of increased participation in the program.
- The city is going to discuss changing the zoning of three parcels on Brecksville Road from single family to community facility. The agenda is clear: even if council approves this change, it would still have to go before voters to become official.
- Council will vote on the purchase of some new Service Department equipment, including a rubbish packer, equipment for a snowplow and a vacuum leaf loader.
- Council members will receive updates on a variety of projects around the city, like the Riverview Road Sanitary Sewer Project.