In this week’s edition of Patch Picks, we’re highlighting some local spots that aim to make your Valentine’s Day celebration memorable.
Patch Picks: Valentine’s Day
- is offering a this weekend in honor of the holiday. For about $60, guests can enjoy an appetizer, dessert and wine with their dinner choices. The special is good from Friday through Monday.
- LockKeepers in Valley View will have a few specials for the Valentine’s Day, said General Manager Brian Woehrman, but for a really special night, guests may want to get writing. The restaurant, which Woehrman said is a popular spot for engagements, is holding a romantic story contest. The winner will receive a private dinner and limousine and hotel accommodations. Woehrman said he’s already received about 130 stories. The winner will be picked tomorrow.
- Delmonico’s Steakhouse in Independence is offering a 3-course dinner for two for $80, said general manger Steve Orrs. That price includes a salad, a choice between three entrees and a dessert. The restaurant will offer its Valentine’s Day special Saturday through Monday.
- doesn’t have any specials specifically for the holiday, but chef Erik Martinez said the restaurant will be serving some fresh seafood specials, like pistachio-crusted salmon, this weekend. And the candlelit-atmosphere is great for a romantic evening, anyway.
- has a special menu advertised for Valentine's Day. The cozy restaurant is perfect for quiet conversations.