- The city’s Memorial Day parade begins at 9 a.m. at and ends at the cemetery on Highland Drive. According to information from the city, the parade will feature the marching band, members of the and many members of the community helping to carry the city’s American flag.
- This year’s keynote speaker will be Paula Kancler, the mother of , who died last summer.
- The city will be offering refreshments at the after the program.
- The will be hosting a number of events on Memorial Day. According to information from the legion, there will be a Post Everlasting Tribute at 12:30 p.m. in honor of the members who have died since January 2011. There will be a lunch buffet beginning at 1 p.m. that is open to the public, as well as a bake sale in the afternoon.
- Most city buildings will be closed on Monday, including City Hall, the and the Service Department. That means Monday trash and recycling pick-up will be on Tuesday instead. The will also be closed, and the will only be open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something