Is your business or organization hosting an Earth Day event this year? Want to tell the community about it? Post it on Patch.
Need an example? Check out from the the on Fairlawn-Bath Patch.
Community members are welcome to post events directly to our calendar—you can even add photos, videos and PDFs. There are a few ground rules, of course:
- Event posts are free for personal and non-commercial use. If you have a business event you’d like to advertise, email our Advertising Manager, Jennifer Woomer.
- Make sure you have the rights to any photos or other supporting materials you post—copyright rules do apply.
Ready to post your event? Here are the steps:
- Log in. If you don’t have an account with Patch, you’ll have to create one. They’re free and we won’t send you lots of emails unless you ask to receive our daily newsletter.
- Click on the “Events” tab on the homepage.
- In the upper-right corner of the events page, there’s a button that says “Add an Event.” Click that.
- Now you just have to fill out all of the relevant information. The forms with an asterisk, like the "Event Title," are required.
- When you’re done, simply click “Post My Event” and check it out on the calendar.
A few things to remember:
- When entering the date, you can choose to have the event run multiple times. If it’s the same day every week, pick “every week.” Same date every month? Choose “Every month.” Otherwise, you’ll want to choose the dates on your own using the pop-up calendar.
- If the location of the event is a business, a nonprofit, a school or a government building in Brecksville, you can search for it by name. If you can’t find it, you can type in a specific address.
- You can pick multiple categories for your event—and you can move them so that the most important or relevant one is first by clicking and moving them once you’ve selected everything.