Brecksville City Council recognized the 2011 awards given by the Brecksville Beautification Committee during its .
“Every year we seek out people that go above and beyond to maintain their properties,” said committee member Jennifer Starinsky.
Gina Santucci and Connie Tezie won for residential landscaping. Mark and Barbara Weigand won the century home category, while Ara and Mila Kallibjian won the water feature category.
Other matters on the agenda included:
- The finance committee addressed a City Council appointment vacancy in an executive session.
- Council approved funding for the Wiese Road retaining wall project.
- Repairs from a lightning strike to Old Town Hall were approved to repair the elevator and alarm system.
- The 2011 road construction project is running smoothly, said city engineer Gerald Wise. He noted that the rented crack-filler machine has been of great use and saved the city money.
- Council discussed the cost of ’s requested additional space.
“It just shows that their growth continues,” Mayor Jerry N. Hruby said about the school. “They’re doing well and they’re thriving."