There is a lot on the agenda for Tuesday’s City Council and council committee meetings. The full agendas are included as PDFs to the right, but here’s a quick look at some things to note:
- The committee meetings—where most of the discussion happens—will begin at 5:30 p.m. at , and there’s no executive session scheduled. That agenda is nearly three pages long.
- During the buildings and grounds committee meeting, members will discuss two purchase requisitions to Milano Monuments: one to finish engraving names on the and one to replace an eagle statue on top of the . The agenda notes that replacement costs will be paid for using money collected from the individuals who vandalized the original statue. (That incident happened before Brecksville Patch began, but you can check the Sun Star-Courier for the story.)
- The is expected to move forward. The buildings and grounds committee will be asked for the city’s permission to advertise for bids for the building’s construction.
- Swimming season is almost here—the Recreation Department will ask for permission to move the ’s prorated fee up from July to June. Last year, this was done so that .
- Council will discuss and vote on whether to award a $20,000 grant to the .