Here’s a quick overview of how the candidates and issues on Brecksville’s ballot fared on Tuesday, based on unofficial results from the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections.
Brecksville City Council
Laura C. Redinger will be the new member on Brecksville’s City Council. The three incumbents who ran—Gerald F. Broski, Louis N. Carouse Jr. and Michael Harwood—were all reelected. Check the .
Brecksville-Broadview Heights Board of Education
There was a bit of a shake-up on the Board of Education. Incumbent Kathleen Mack was reelected, but George J. Balasko, the board’s current president, was not. Mark Dosen and Mike Ziegler, who ran together, will join the board as its new members. Check the .
- Issue 1, which would have raised the maximum age judges could be elected or appointed, was defeated.
- Issue 2, which would have changed collective bargaining rights for union, was defeated. Check the .
- Issue 3, which prohibits mandates forcing people to take part in a health care system, passed.
Cuyahoga Valley Career Center renewal levy
The 1-mill renewal levy passed with a margin of nearly 9,000 votes. Check the .
- Brecksville mayor was re-elected. This will be his seventh term serving the city.
- Garfield Heights Municipal Court Judges and were also uncontested. They were both re-elected.