The Brecksville Cooperative Preschool represents the height of parental involvement in education. Not only are parents of participating children expected to volunteer regularly in the classroom, but they also take on responsibilities of running of a school, such as promoting the program or taking phone calls from prospective families.
Classes are overseen by qualified teachers, but there's also a parent in the classroom every day to help out. At the moment, the school's classes are filled to capacity, and there's a long waiting list.
- Hours: 3-year-old classes: Mon - Tue, 9am - 11am or 12:30am - 2:30pm. 4-year-old classes: Wed - Fri, 9am - 11:30am or 12:30pm - 3pm.
- Handicap Accessible: The side entrance to the building is stair free.
- Founding Date: 1952
- Number of students: 72
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: Licensed by the state of Ohio.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: Two full-time teachers
- What makes this community special?: Parent Amy Macy says Brecksville has a great small-town feel, and that the community is very family oriented.
- Age range: 3 - 4 year olds