South Suburban Montessori School
Set apart from main roads in Brecksville's Blossom Hill Complex, the South Suburban Montessori School offers a unique educational experience for students at the preschool, elementary and middle school levels. Students are separated into multi-age groups, rather than specific grade levels, where they learn at their own pace. Teachers at the school oversee classes and guide students according to their interests and skill levels. Parent engagement is encouraged, and families must volunteer during the school year.
- Fax: 440-526-6026
- Hours: Monday through Friday, the school begins morning care before classes at 7:30am and ends evening care after classes at 6pm.
- Founding Date: 1970
- Number of students: 108
- Male-to-female ratio: Currently 59:49
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:12 overall; 1:6 for the toddler age group
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: Approximately 18
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is moderately engaged in the community and takes part in city events.
- Montessori: Yes
- Special education: Yes
- Age range: 18 months to the equivalent of 8th grade