The small, intimate college helps students of all ages, from those fresh out of high school to working moms, gain the skills they need to get unique careers in fields like veterinary technology, broadcast captioning and massage therapy. "It sounds cheesy, but we care," says student services officer Holly Hinderer. The only requirement to acceptance is that applicants must have a valid high school diploma or G.E.D. There aren't many formal groups for students to join, but the school hosts activities like mock courts and fun events for fundraisers. Stautzenberger College moved to its current site in 2008, and school officials say they want to get more involved with the Brecksville community by opening its doors for the public to host meetings or to take advantage of low-cost massages.
- Fax: 440-838-0960
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 7:30am - 10pm; Thu, 8am - 10 pm; Fri, 8am - 5pm; Sat, 8:30am - noon; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The front door is easily accessible.
- Founding Date: The college began in the Toledo area in the 1920s, and the Cleveland campus opened in Strongsville in 2005. The school moved to its current Brecksville facility in 2008.
- Number of students: 400
- Male-to-female ratio: Predominantly female
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 53
- Accreditation/licenses: Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools, the American Veterinary Medicine Association and the National Court Reporters Association. Licensed by the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools to offer associate’s degrees.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 9:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 75 faculty members and administrators
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is working to become more engaged with the community, says Dean of Academics Sharon Fain. They'd like to begin offering classes to the community outside of their traditional offerings, such as courses on animal behavior.
- Degrees: Undergraduate
- Programs: Evening, Part-time, Summer studies